What information do we collect about you?
Surviving Society is the 'Controller' of your personal information. We collect information about you when you place an order for purchasing our products. Personal information may include your name, billing/shipping address and email address. We also collect information when you enter competitions, send direct messages to us on social media and provide feedback. Additionally, we collect information about you through our email subscription, specifically your birthday date and month.
Cookies on this website collect information about usage. You can disable cookies on your web browser, however, this may affect your ability to use our website.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process and despatch your order. In processing your order, we may disclose your personal information to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies, if required by law.
Your card information is not held by us and is collected by third party processors who specialise in secure online processing of credit/debit card transactions.
Email subscription is captured through a third party, MailChimp, to provide us with data to help us improve our services and for communication purposes for instance, showcasing new products. Your consent will always be obtained first for receiving email marketing from us and you can unsubscribe at any time.
How long do we keep your information?
UK tax law requires us to keep your personal information (that is, your name, billing/shipping address and email address) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information and we may ask you to provide proof of identification before these rights can be exercised:
- The right to access and request a copy of your personal information which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal information if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal information is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain it;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal information and where possible, to transmit this to another personal information controller (known as the right to data portability).
- The right where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal information, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal information;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Updated: 8th April 2018.